Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Update

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I don't have any super exciting pictures to add! But heres a bit of an update. This is a picture of "xengal" (hengal), per request. It is my favorite Azeri food! Unfortunately I can't really eat it anymore because of my lactose intolerance- it is caramelized onions, yogurt with garlic and salt and here with noodles. Azeri women actually make a special noodle called "xengal" but I unfortunately am not equipped to do so :)
This is a recent "Creativity Club," we decorated glass jars with pieces of fabric and magazine clippings. The kids LOVED IT! This boy was making yarn mustaches.
Here's all the kids picking out decor.

Last week I went into Baku for our Mid-Service Conference. We all spent the week doing medical, language tests and meetings about our service and our jobs. I am feeling rejuvenated and ready to start going crazy with the projects now! I just turned in a grant for GLOW and now I'm working on one for a resource center at school. Zeynab and I are also working on getting AZETA (Azerbaijani English Teachers Association) up in our area! Lots to do in just a few months, but I'm super excited! Melissa, I love you and I am so sorry for your loss.