Friday, October 1, 2010

Nar Season!!!

Hello and welcome to one of the best parts of living in Azerbaijan! Its Pomegranate ("Nar" in Azeri) season! I have been waiting for this time since last winter :) I remember last fall like it was yesterday- being plopped down in a crazy place, not knowing exactly what the hell I'm doing, but having enough Nar the feed an entire country, right in my training host family's back yard! Now I've been here for one year (to the day I might add), sometimes I still feel like I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but at least I have Nar! Of course now I have to buy them at the store...
So this is what I'm doing today, came home from school, bought some Nar on the way and now I'm cleaning, doing laundry (yep, those are my clothes) and eating Nar. And lets be honest this is what I'll be doing everyday when I'm finished with school and clubs and what-not- I'll be eating Nar :)
Its still 85 degrees here, but now its not always sunny (like today). Next I'll get some pictures of the Nar trees cause they literally grow like weeds on the side of the highway here; they are EVERYWHERE! And the trees might be one of my favorite parts about the fruit, they are quite whimsical!