Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bring it on!

Today is the day! I am leaving this four star hotel and doing what I came here to do! This afternoon we are all boarding buses and going to our respective training sites. They are
settlements that are all fairly close to each other, just outside one of the larger cities. I do not know much about my host family yet, but it will be fantastic to finally meet them and learn about them! The thought that I have basically no language skills and haven't been outside of this hotel yet highlights the fact that this is really going to be a challenge at first, but I am very excited for it--so bring it on!

Last night we had a special cultural night. All the dinning room tables were set up outside and we were served traditional foods (which we have been eating all along, but more in a buffet style). There were musicians playing traditional Azerbaijani wedding songs and women in beautiful sparkling dresses and men in black embellished outfits dancing.




If it didn't take so long to upload pictures I would add more. But I just wanted to try and show you a little of what went on last night and my friends here! I'll let you know more as my life unfolds in Azerbaijan. Thank you for all of the comments, they make me very happy and I know will keep me going when I have a particularly homesick day-- Keep it up!